Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gramur and punktshewayshun

I have a lot of things to say today, but I will focus on just one. Rather, I will likely illustrate it somewhere in this ramble.

I reflect upon my life and realize that I am, in fact, an English major who can't seem to spell punctuate, utilize proper grammatical structures, and one who only has a dim conception of the use of colons and semi-colons. I hereby vow to drag out an old grammar book and reread the darn thing, because I realize now that this is just embarrassing. It used to be that I simply wasn't paying attention; now I just can't quite remember certain things.

Speaking of remembering, for colonoscopies (sp? that word looks wrong) I found out earlier today that they use a drug that makes it so you can't remember the procedure, like a little memory blip. I think the affected part of the brain is the hippocampus, a la what happens when you drink a lot (gray out) I wonder if it also makes you want to pee... That might be a nifty medicine to have, I certainly can think of a few awkward memories from the past that I could do without. Now that I think about it, that's kinda shady, I wonder that if people could remember the procedure they might have objected in some way? Very odd, but speaking of remembering, again, I said I was going to stick to one subject, so that should do it.

Peace out.

3 comments:

mags said...

You forgot spelling!

Kay Pea said...

please explain the title of your blog.

mags said...

It's a pigeon! It's totally gotta be a pigeon... I vote pigeon.

Damn, I love riddles.